Online Reputation Management
What are the Benefits of our Reputation Management Services?
- Improve your brand image online
- Increase your credibility with potential customers
- Highlight and promote client success stories
- Repair a damaged online reputation
- Outrank negative comments and reviews
Reputation Management Services
Businesses succeed or fail based on their reputation and in the digital era never has this been truer. The ease at which reviews can be left and comments made online means it’s an essential part of your marketing strategy to monitor and respond to both positive and negative comments.
Actively requesting customer feedback and reviews is all part of good customer service. Our team will put a program in place to continually request client feedback which can then be harnessed in a variety of ways.
Establishing how likely your customers are to recommend your products or services is key to understanding the reputation of your business and gives you a target for improvement.
Monitoring brand mentions online is essential to be able to respond quickly to both positive and negative reviews and comments. The speed and how you handle comments says a lot about your business. Be on the front foot.
Responding to every review & comment left, whether positive or negative is important. Our team works alongside you to stay on top of all the channels that these can come through. Via social media, forums, blogs or review platforms.
Negative comments are a part of life. In fact having 100% of your reviews as glowing testimonials can look suspicious. However, sometimes reviews and comments cross a line. Here we can negotiate with either the platform owner or the reviewer themselves to have these comments removed or edited.
In some circumstances where it’s just not possible to remove comments the next approach is to outrank them with positive success stories. Using a mixed approach of content marketing and digital PR our team will seed information online that reassures potential customers about the value your business can offer.
Our Reputation Management Process
1. Consultation: Through our initial consultation we’ll understand your business and objectives and what issues you have with your current online reputation. We’ll put together a strategy for you with a range of tactics to both increase positive feedback and negate any negative comments.
2. Reputation Research: Our research will focus on discovering both positive and negative feedback as well as looking at what opportunities exist to enhance your online profile.
3. Positive Review Campaign: Using specialist software we’ll launch a campaign to contact your existing and previous customers to harness feedback. From there we can encourage the creation of online reviews and gain valuable insights for the creation of detailed case studies.
4. Content Production: Our team will create content both for your website and key influencers to promote the positive aspects of your company, services and client success stories.
5. Content Distribution & Promotion: Distributing this content and promoting it online will build up a body of online content to help build credibility and reassure potential customers of your expertise and level of customer service.
6. Reporting: We’ll keep you updated throughout the campaign with regular contact, however, you’ll also receive a monthly report detailing positive reviews and comments generated and the removal or neutralisation of any negative online comments.
Reputation Management faq
Reputation Management is the process of enhancing and protecting your online reputation. This includes reviews left on 3rd party review platforms as well as comments made on forums or other websites. It covers both soliciting customer feedback to be able to improve your services and generate positive online reviews as well as reducing or negating the impact of any negative comments.
There is now a multitude of research proving the importance of reviews and comments on potential customers prior to them doing business with you. The ease with which comments can be made about your company and services makes it important to be seen to care about and respond to your online feedback.
Genuinely caring about your customers and being able to make improvements to your service will ensure you not only retain existing customers but encourage them to act as advocates and help promote you to a wider audience.
Our advice is to “be on the front foot” before it gets online. Regularly ask or survey your clients for feedback on your services and products. This allows you to react quickly where a customer feels things could be better and by solving issues before they get out-of-hand you can even turn a potential negative outcome into a positive one.
Respond to all online reviews and comments, both positive and negative, quickly. This shows you care and people will see you trying to resolve issues.
Unfortunately, it won’t be possible to remove all negative comments. Website owners and review platforms are under no obligation to remove them. Whilst it is possible to involve a solicitor, this can prove extremely time consuming and expensive. Often a campaign to outrank these comments with positive stories is much more cost effective.
This can all depend on exactly how much negative commentary exists online. Soliciting new positive feedback and turning those into reviews can be very quick to show a return, it’s why we always start with this approach. Removing or outranking negative comments can take weeks or months.
First of all, we would say “don’t panic”. Think of all negative reviews as an opportunity to improve your service. Engage with the reviewer, find out why they feel the way they do, are you able to put it right? If not then look for where you can grow the volume of positive reviews. One or two negative comments within tens or hundreds of positive ones are acceptable.
Fake reviews can be easily bought, however, we advise you NOT to go down this route. There are many cases of sellers and buyers of fake reviews being prosecuted, both in the UK and US. The potential damage to your online reputation, possibly for good, is very real. Far better to wow your clients with your service so that they themselves leave you with genuine online feedback.